June 2020 Prayer Requests
- We celebrate Bob Fitz, Vice President, and Kelly Karlin, Office Manager, who have served a total of 56 years with this ministry. Their longevity of service reflects their faithfulness to God’s work being done at Navajo Ministries.
- We are so thankful for 18-year-old Danielle, who graduated from Farmington High School in May. Danielle has lived at Four Corners Home for Children since 2008 and it has been our pleasure to watch her grow and mature into a wonderful young lady. Please pray for God to direct her paths as she enters adulthood.
- Pray for our President, Annette Reich, as she leads our staff and children during these challenging days. Annette recently took in three new children to live in the House of Faith. Nizhoni, the youngest of the three siblings, turns 7 years old today.
- Pray for those in our area who are affected by the Coronavirus. Our staff personally knows of 30 people who have contacted the virus, several of them resulting in deaths. Please pray for these families and for those who are faithfully caring for them.
- Pray for our newest staff member, Tim Anglin, who is serving as our Ministry Cook. Pray for God’s blessing on his life as he serves the children and families who live on our campus. Tim also graduated from High School in May.
- Pray for Paula Terpsma as she works with our children on the Ranch. Summer allows her extra time to work with the children, teaching them the necessary skills that keep our animals healthy. We recently had a Churro lamb donated to the ranch. The children have enjoyed bottle feeding this new arrival and have named her Daisy.
- Pray for pastors Joe and Gerri Begay as they continue to pastor Grace Fellowship Church in Chinle, Arizona. These have been challenging days for them as they attempt to connect with their church members. Pray for God’s protection over Joe and Gerri during these stressful days in the Navajo Nation.
- Pray for Vickie and Jeanette as work in the office paying bills, handling receipts of gifts, updating records, and various other responsibilities. Their work is vital to the operations of Navajo Ministries and we appreciate their faithfulness.
- Pray for Dorothy Nobis, Administrative Assistant, as she assists Annette Reich (President) in various areas of the Ministry. Whether she is contacting donors, working with our children, or taking notes at a meeting, Dorothy spreads joy as she serves.
- Pray for Rick Terpsma and Andy Kellywood as they serve all of us through their maintenance skills. They also serve as teachers/mentors to our teen boys as they work alongside of Rick and Andy. We are grateful for the knowledge these men impart to our boys.
- Pray for KNMI Vertical Radio as we needed to make some changes. [See update on back of this Prayer Link]
- Pray for Steven and Sarah Murphy as they serve as houseparents in the House of Faith. They are so excited about the new children who came in May and the progress the children are making.
- Pray for wisdom as the Murphys care for their ever-growing family.
- Pray for Ben and Eunice Stoner, who have served as missionaries to the Navajo people for many, many years. Today they celebrate 50 years of marriage. Pray for God to continue to bless them and the life they have built together. Praise God for the many Navajo people who have learned their own language through Ben’s teaching and grown spiritually through Ben and Eunice’s mentoring.
- Happy birthday to Devin Neeley, KNMI Consultant. We appreciate his dedication over the years as he has served in various positions at Vertical Radio.
- Pray for the pastors across our nation who continue to use creative technology to keep in touch with their church families, teaching and encouraging them each week. Pray for church doors to soon be open to full capacity so congregations can worship together again.
- Pray for Graphic Artist Hannah Begay as she designs and prints Ministry flyers, brochures, direct mail, and the Navajo Neighbors. Pray for Hannah and her husband, Jered, to remain healthy and well.
- Pray for our many donors who continue to faithfully provide for the needs of Navajo Ministries through their prayers and gifts. We pray for God’s blessing to be upon each one as they trust Him to meet the various needs in their personal lives.
- Pray for the Navajo Ministries Board of Directors as they meet today to discuss the needs of the Ministry – our victories and our challenges. We thank God for their leadership and direction as we face uncertain days.
- Pray for the many volunteers who have come from across the nation to serve the Navajo Nation as they meet the needs of those affected by the virus. As of June 1, there continues to be a rise in the number of those who contracted the virus and a rise in the death toll.
- Pray for the leadership of the Navajo Nation – President Jonathan Nez and Vice President Myron Lizer. Pray for them to have Godly wisdom as they make decisions that directly affect the Navajo people. Pray for them to continue to have good health as they meet many people suffering with Covid-19 virus.
- Pray for Roger and Carol Kittle as they pastor at Fruitland Baptist Church. They have had a few people in their fellowship who have had the Coronavirus. Pray for them as they minister to the needs of their people.
- Pray for Nina Benally, our Navajo Cultural teacher. Nina is looking forward to the time it will be suitable to have her classes begin again for our children.
- Pray for Jim and Kay Baker as they reach out to our friends and donors, giving them updates on the Ministry and praying with them, as needed.
- Pray for Jackson Yazzie, retired chaplain from our local hospital, who continues to preach the Word of God to his people whenever opportunities arise.
- Pray for our nation as our citizens maneuver through all the various changes that have occurred due to the Coronavirus. Pray for those who struggle with loneliness and depression due to the lack of contact and fellowship with others. Pray for wisdom for our leaders and a spirit of unity to permeate through our nation.
- Pray for God’s leading in hiring staff to serve as houseparents in the House of Love and in our emergency placement home, the House of Hope. Pray for God to lead us to the right people who can provide leadership in these homes.
- Pray for Judy Anglin who serves as support staff in the House of Faith. She is a wonderful support to Steven and Sarah Murphy on their days off when she cares for the children and maintains the needs of the home.
- Pray for the pastors across the Navajo Nation as they minister to the needs of so many people who have lost loved ones to the Corona virus. Pray for God’s timing in re-opening the churches and meeting together again as church families.
- Pray for the many adults who lived at Four Corners Home for Children during their childhood years. One of our former girls recently lost her teenage son, which has left the family devastated. This young man attended school with our teen boys who live in the House of Faith. Pray for the young people who try to process this loss.
To send a prayer request, email Prayer@NavajoMinistries.org
Ministry Highlights and Prayer Focus
VERTICAL RADIO UPDATE
On March 16, we celebrated the 40th anniversary of our radio station. The most recent Navajo Neighbors magazine highlighted the 4 amazing decades of ministry through the airwaves here in the Four Corners Region.
The Coronavirus brought a screeching halt to our high school sports broadcasts and my daily Four Corners Spotlight show, highlighting business, leadership and non-profit organizations. We also heard the disheartening news that this summer’s annual Connie Mack World Series in town would be cancelled. This was one of our vital broadcasting fundraisers each summer.
With funds lacking for this non-commercial station we have been forced to eliminate our on-air personalities, operating with an automated format. The Christian music continues 24 hours every day at this time. We are also broadcasting messages from local pastors on Sunday mornings.
As we all know, these are challenging days in our country. We pray that God will keep you healthy and safe. Thank you for your faithful prayers for this ministry. We know not what the future holds, but we know WHO holds our future.
PRAYER FOCUS FOR JUNE
KNMI Vertical Radio
- Pray the messages in our music will bring hope to many of our listeners in the hard-hit Four Corners region.
- Pray for existing donors to continue to support the station. Our programming can be heard around the world at VerticalRadio.org.
- That God will provide additional funding so we can get back to our live programming.
NAVAJO MINISTRIES PROVIDES HOPE AND RESTORATION TO FAMILIES IN NAVAJOLAND THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
After-School Learning Program
Four Corners Home for Children
KNMI Vertical Radio
Navajo Nation Outreach