September 2020 Prayer Requests
- Today we celebrate our Accounts Payable Clerk, Jeanette Fercik, who begins her 7th year of working at Navajo Ministries. We appreciate Jeanette as she serves so willingly and always has a smile to share. Please pray for her and her family.
- We “welcome home” Hope Humbles who has returned to Four Corners Home for Children to serve as Childcare Coordinator. Hope worked for us for six years in the past and has returned with her adopted daughter, Mariah. Please pray for Hope as she takes on this new position and for Mariah to settle into her new home.
- Please pray for our Education Assistant, Sara Bennett, who supervises our children in the on-site school. The children are adjusting to on-line school and our elementary and middle school students continue on-line learning this school year.
- Pray for Steven and Sarah Murphy as they care for the children in the House of Faith. Pray for them to impart Godly wisdom into the lives of the children in their home and for the children to grow in wisdom, stature and in favor with God and man.
- Pray for Judy Anglin as she cares for the children during the houseparents’ time off. We are grateful for Judy’s availability to assist in the home whenever needed.
- Pray for the pastors across the Navajo Nation who are sharing God’s Word today in over 200 churches. Pray for healing and encouragement to be planted into the lives of each person who hear God’s Word shared today.
- Pray for Hannah Begay, our Graphic Designer, and her husband, Jered. Pray for Jered as he spends much of his evening hours studying for the ministry.
- Praise God for our Bi-Fly Tournament! This year’s tournament brought in record breaking funds! Praise God for our anglers and all of those who made pledges. We are thankful for Bob Fitz and Lisa Chavez who work diligently for months to make this event a success each year.
- Pray for Vice President Bob Fitz as he supervises so many areas of the ministry. Pray for good health for Bob and wisdom in the decisions he has to make each day.
- We are grateful for our office staff that assists all of us. Pray for Vickie Franklin, our Receipting Specialist, as she records donations, sends out receipt letters and performs so many crucial tasks.
- Pray for new Childcare Assistant, Janice Davis. Janice will serve as the Assistant for our House of Hope. Janice was the director of our local children’s shelter for twenty-seven years and we are blessed to have her.
- Pray for Paula Terpsma as she supervises the children as they work at the ranch. The children have new chicks and lambs to care for, which creates a lot of activity each day.
- Pray for the pastors across our nation who will be preaching and teaching today. Pray for a national revival amidst the chaos in our country.
- Pray for those who counsel our children on a regular basis. Pray for our teens and the many challenges they face. Pray for God’s grace and protection to be upon their lives.
- Pray for Paula and Kay as they have begun packing for our December Christmas Connections. They will be packing coats, health supplies, caps and mittens, toys, etc. for approximately 300 families.
- Pray for all our donors who generously give of their finances to ensure the work of Navajo Ministries continues. Ask God to meet our donors’ needs as they pray for lost loved ones, seek physical healings, and trust the Lord for personal needs.
- Pray for Rick Terpsma and Andy Kellywood as they work together in maintenance. They will soon be busy with fall cleanup, winterizing our homes and various other projects.
- Please pray for our Board members as they meet today to discuss the challenges we face as a ministry. Pray for Godly wisdom for each member and hearts to know the Lord’s direction.
- Pray for the leadership of the Navajo Nation: President Jonathan Nez and Vice President Myron Lizer. Pray for these men to honor God as they make decisions that affect the Navajo people.
- Happy birthday to our President, Annette Reich. We are so grateful for her leadership and the positive direction the Ministry is taking under her guidance. Pray for God’s blessing on her life as she makes tough decisions and faces new challenges.
- Pray for Devin Neeley as he oversees Vertical Radio and keeps up with record keeping, radio logs, etc. Pray for the music being played to bring encouragement to our community.
- Pray for Joe and Gerri Begay as they continue to serve in the Navajo Nation, as well as pastor Grace Community Fellowship in Chinle, Arizona. Pray for them to continue to stay well and be available to those who need their guidance and encouragement.
- Happy birthday to our Office Manager, Kelly Karlin. Kelly makes various monthly reports, maintains our general ledger, and wears many other hats to help keep the ministry running smoothly.
- Pray for each marriage represented by our staff to remain spiritually healthy and reflect Christ’s love for His Church. May each marriage bring honor and glory to Him.
- Pray for each child living at Four Corners Home for Children to have a successful school year and be able to adjust to the variety of learning experiences this school year offers. Pray for them to be able to stay connected with their friends and teachers in a positive way.
- Pray for Jim and Kay Baker as they communicate with friends and donors of the Ministry. Thank God for each person who prays for this Ministry and gives financially.
- Pray for Roger and Carol Kittle as they serve at Navajo Ministries and pastor at Fruitland Baptist Church. Pray for their safety as they travel this weekend.
- Pray for Charity Humbles who leaves North Carolina today to begin work in our House of Hope and in the office. Charity is a sister to Hope Humbles. Pray for God’s blessing in her life as she begins to serve.
- Pray for the new children being placed in the House of Hope the beginning of October. Pray for each child to experience comfort, peace, and love as they adjust to their new surroundings. Pray for their families to make the needed life changes so they can begin caring for their children again.
- Praise God for the way He has provided for all our needs over the summer, allowing everyone to stay well and seeing our financial resources continue to meet the needs of the Ministry. As we enter the fall season, pray for His hand of protection over the lives of our staff and children.
To send a prayer request, email Prayer@NavajoMinistries.org
Ministry Highlights and Prayer Focus
Rebuilding and Reopening
Last month we reopened our on-site school and that has been a blessing for our students during this time of uncertainty. We have hired a highly qualified young lady to oversee our classroom and she is doing a fantastic job facilitating the online learning program through Farmington Municipal Schools. In October, our high school students will return to the classroom to begin face-to-face learning. Pray for a smooth transition for them.
This month finds us in the middle of reopening the House of Hope, which is a short-term placement home, serving the needs of children in emergency situations. This is a much-needed program in the Four Corners region, and we are pleased to be able to, once again, serve our community in this way. We have hired two ladies (sisters) to staff this home and have every confidence that they will do well. They are relocating from North Carolina and are eager to join our team and get started! God is blessing us as we focus on caring for His children. Thank you for your prayers, we could not do this without you!
Annette Reich, President
Prayer Focus For September
Navajo Ministries School
- Pray for our Education Assistant, Sara Bennett, as she supervises our children in our on-site school.
- Pray for each child to adjust to the changes in their school year due to the pandemic.
- Pray for our teens to soon be able to return to school and be able to interact with their friends.
- Praise God for His protection over the lives of our children.
NAVAJO MINISTRIES PROVIDES HOPE AND RESTORATION TO FAMILIES IN NAVAJOLAND THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
After-School Learning Program
Four Corners Home for Children
KNMI Vertical Radio
Navajo Nation Outreach