Our History

In 1947, Navajo Missions founder Jack Drake moved from Michigan to minister at the Navajo Methodist Mission School in Farmington, New Mexico. When Jack and his wife were approached by Navajo families for support, their words broke Jake’s heart.

Jack resigned from Navajo Methodist Mission School in 1952 to build a children’s home for homeless Navajo children. When he applied for a $12,000 loan from a local bank to purchase 12-acres of land, he was turned down.  Instead, the president of the bank donated the money to Jack for this ministry.

In 1953, founder Jack Drake pitched a borrowed tent on the west edge of Farmington. Thus began Navajo Missions, a ministry designed to care for children from the four Corners region who needed a secure place to call home.

jackdinewoman

After 53 years of providing hope and restoration to families, Navajo Missions changed its name in 2006 to Navajo Ministries. Today Navajo Ministries is home to three programs including; the Four Corners Home for Children, Navajo Nation Outreach, and KNMI Vertical Radio.

The Eubank Counseling Center is located on the lower level of the Navajo Ministries office.

Navajo Ministries is an interdenominational ministry with more than 30 staff members who are involved in about a dozen different churches.